Using authentic materials in the classroom | Online | Troika Trends
Horário e local
Sobre o evento
The course aims to offer not only an overview about material design and the meaningful use of authentic materials in the EFL/ESL classroom but also their impact for our learners. Moreover, the course hopes to enable teachers to manipulate, criticise and evaluate authentic ELT materials for their lessons, while taking the theoretical framework into account. İn addition to reflecting on several authentic materials, teachers will be invited to design relevant authentic tasks to use in their teaching contexts.
- What ELT researchers say / Advantages and disadvantages of authentic materials
- The authenticity paradigm
- The Four domains of authenticity according to Pinner (2015)
1) Text/ Materials
2) Language in use
- Authentic listening, reading, writing and speaking tasks
- Material adaptation X authentic coursebooks
- Advantages of adapting culturally appropriate materials
Cecília Nobre is a teacher and teacher trainer who has over 15 years of experience in teaching all levels and ages. She is passionate about online teaching, teacher development, technology in education, material development and CPD. She was awarded the Hornby scholarship to do an MA in ELT at the University of Warwick. She has been teaching online for the past 4 years and she loves it. In addition, she has taught in Brazil, the UK and she is currently teaching EAP at a private university in Turkey. You can read her thoughts on teaching at www.cecilianobreelt.wordpress.com
When? July 04th,2020 - from 9am to 13pm (UTC-3)
How much? Non-member -R$ 235,00
Troika Member - Free (according to the membership rules)
*This is a Troika Trends Course.
Special conditions apply for Troika Members. Become a member now!
- Using authentic materialsR$235R$2350R$0