Fri, Jul 10|
Taking your ELT level knowledge to the next level. Welcome to Masterclass!
Horário e local
Jul 10, 2020, 9:00 AM – Jul 14, 2020, 1:00 PM
troika, R. Delfina, 112 - Vila Madalena, São Paulo - SP, 05443-010, Brazil
Sobre o evento
Troika proudly presents its Masterclass, a five-day course with an innovative, modern take on different aspects of English teaching. Throughout this immersion, five tutors will show you the state-of-the-art of the topics below.If you want to expand your teaching practice and incorporate the best ideas in ELT at the moment, you cannot miss it!
- On July 10th , Guilherme Pacheco will discuss about Psychology 101 for Language Teachers . He will give an overview of how the field of Psychology influences the work we do in the classroom.
_cc781905- 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ Amongst will be covered many other topics:
_cc781905- 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ _cc781905-5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf fails58d_-Cothink educational development fails58d_cc781905-5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf educational children; _cc781905- 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ _cc781905-5cde- 3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ _cc781905-5cde-3194- bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ _cc781905-5cde-3194-bb3b- 136bad5cf58d_ _cc781905-5c de-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_
_cc781905- 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ -How to deal with emotions;
_cc781905- 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ _cc781905-5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d agency as needed-to-course component;
_cc781905- 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ -The role of learning and metacognition independence;
_cc781905- 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ -Brain-friendly lesson;
_cc781905- A 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_
- On July 11th , Cecilia Nobre will explore about Using Authentic Materials in the Classroom. Find out what has already been written about it and how this can impact your classes. The course aims to offer not only an overview of material design and the meaningful use of authentic materials in the EFL/ESL classroom but also their impact on our learners. Moreover, the course hopes to enable teachers to manipulate, criticize and evaluate authentic ELT materials for their lessons, while taking the theoretical framework into account. In addition to reflecting on several authentic materials, teachers will be invited to design relevant authentic tasks to use in their teaching contexts.
- On July 12th , Bruno Albuquerque will discuss How Languages are learned . By the end of the session participants will be better able to analyze and describe second language learning based on sound theoretical principles which will impact their practice in the classroom.
_cc781905- 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ -Characteristics of learners and context
_cc781905- 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ -Principles of language learning and teaching
_cc781905- 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ -Second language acquisition
_cc781905- 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ -Proposals for language teaching
_cc781905- 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ -Popular ideas about language learning
- On July 13th , Monica Freire will discuss Assessment .
- On July 14th , Lygia Leite will address Pronunciation . The aim of the workshop is to raise awareness of some features of pronunciation and share practical ideas so that participants are better able to teach pronunciation in the classroom.
_cc781905- 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ -Primary x secondary stress
_cc781905- 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ -Prominence_cc781905- 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_
_cc781905- 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ -Connected speech : strong and weak forms, assimilation, elision and liaison
_cc781905- 5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ -Practical activities
When? July 10th-11th-12th-13th-14th, 2020 - From 9am to 1pm_cc781905-5cde-3194-bb3b-58d36
how much? Non-members R$ 800.00 - Troika Members R$ 390.00
Troika Members Special conditions apply for Troika Members. Become a member now!