Horário e local
Sobre o evento
Troika proudly presents its Masterclass, a five-day course with an innovative, modern take on different aspects of English teaching. Throughout this immersion, five tutors will show you the state-of-the-art of the topics below.If you want to expand your teaching practice and incorporate the best ideas in ELT at the moment, you cannot miss it!
- On July 10th, Guilherme Pacheco will discuss about Psychology 101 for Language Teachers. He will give an overview of how the field of Psychology influences the work we do in the classroom.
Amongst many other topics, these will be covered:
-Cognitive, social and physical development and the need to rethink an educational system which fails to teach children;
-How to deal with emotions;
-Learner-centredness and the need to see agency as a course component;
-The role of metacognition in language learning and learner independence;
-Brain-friendly principles and we may teach a brain-friendly lesson;
-The learning context seen from an ecological perspective: social-cultural theory in action.
- On July 11th, Cecilia Nobre will explore about Using Authentic Materials in the Classroom. Find out what has already been written about it and how this can impact your classes. The course aims to offer not only an overview of material design and the meaningful use of authentic materials in the EFL/ESL classroom but also their impact on our learners. Moreover, the course hopes to enable teachers to manipulate, criticise and evaluate authentic ELT materials for their lessons, while taking the theoretical framework into account. İn addition to reflecting on several authentic materials, teachers will be invited to design relevant authentic tasks to use in their teaching contexts.
- On July 12th, Bruno Albuquerque will discuss How Languages are learned. By the end of the session participants will be better able to analyse and describe second language learning based on sound theoretical principles which will impact their practice in the classroom.
-Characteristics of learners and context
-Principles of language learning and teaching
-Second language acquisition
-Proposals for language teaching
-Popular ideas about language learning
- On July 13th, Monica Freire will discuss Assessment.
- On July 14th, Lygia Leite will address Pronunciation. The aim of the workshop is to raise awareness of some features of pronunciation and share practical ideas so that participants are better able to teach pronunciation in the classroom.
-Primary x secondary stress
-Connected speech: strong and weak forms, assimilation, elision and liaison
When? July 10th-11th-12th-13th-14th, 2020 - From 9am to 1pm
How much? Non-members R$ 800,00 - Troika Members R$ 390,00
Troika Members Special conditions apply for Troika Members. Become a member now!